1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate Ramp or Trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by speedyvision917, Jun 7, 2005.

1. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 LawnSite Member

So im trying to debate whether i should go with this tailgate ramp Click or with a small trailer either 5x10 or 6x12. Only thing is that when cleanups start i wont have the bed to put leaves in etc. But if i did get the ramp and carry all my stuff in the truck i wouldnt have to worry about towing the trailer all the time and having to pay to register the trailer.

The two main reasons i was thinking about carrying the equipment in the bed instead of on a trailer is because 1. It would be alot easier to dump loads with a U-dump trailer then a regular bed, and 2. Its compact, different, and wouldnt have to tow a trailer all the time.....ok so maybe 4 reasons.

If i were to go with the tailgate ramp i would be using a 32 or 36in mower along with one trimmer at first then 2 wich then i could install a trimmer rack onto my bed. (Thanks howard for the idea)