Tailgater ramp

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by nt1, Jun 13, 2008.

1. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Reduced.... $525.00 OBO

2. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

bump...............

3. Did you ever sell it?

I was just researching these, and stumbled on your thread. Haha been a few years.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. mowing4cash

mowing4cash LawnSite Member
    from us

Do not buy one. The suck and are super heavy.

5. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

Care to explain more? I'm using one on 1 of my mow trucks, and have been real happy with it. Can you PM me your experience?

6. I'd like to here some info on them to, couldn't you just add some lift springs? Like a trailer ramp has?

Any thoughts would be nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

It comes with a lift spring. The ramp itself is crazy heavy, so without the spring, it would get real old real quick trying to lift it all day.

8. mowing4cash

from us

I feel as though it is heavy even with the spring. Also i was running a wright stander up and down it 20 times a day so it beat it up. I think the wright stander is to heavy for it since it has a small foot print. I think walk behinds would be fine. Also the four panel folding is asking for problems with employees hurting themselves. First one they sent sagged and the second one started sagging too.

9. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

You just gotta get your gym on, bro. :usflag:

Just kidding! It really is pretty darn heavy. If the spring is stretched out a little further than the directions say, it's not that bad. We do the same volume as you, sometimes a bit more. The only thing beat up for us is the 'grip' paint.

The 4 panel folding, however, does have some issues. The first panel does sag, and doing so, the mower gets caught going up or coming off. An easy fix was to put a piece of aluminum/steel rod inbetween the joint to no let it sag. As far as employees hurting themselves....I see no way how this would be possible unless it was gross negligence or just straight up stupidity.

Here is a picture of where I put the rod on the ramp:
    truck 12.jpg

truck 12.jpg

10. mowing4cash

from us

I have one in my shop. We had to put jack stands under it because it sagged to much. I will pull it out and try to use it again and try the rod idea.
    Posted via Mobile Device