1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tak 230 question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Danny Boy, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Getting bricks delivered on a B-train, heaviest pallet will be 2900 pounds, will the tak handle those from atop the trailer,stacked two high?
    I just need to get them off the truck and I know it will handle them low down.

2. weesa20

weesa20 LawnSite Member

are you saying the load would be 5800lb coming off the trailer? then no- tipping load is ~4600 with rated operating capacity of ~1600...maybe if you only have to handle 2900lb at a time...but that will be pushing it, at least on paper...haven't ever tried tho.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

2900 is no problem. I have video of 4200 pounds from a few years back.

4. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

I would be pleasantly surprised if you could lift the top pallet. Especially since it will probably 7' off the ground.

5. Danny Boy

That is the question, Getting a b train delivery is much cheaper than a crane truck, need two loads so over 700 in savings if it will lift it...

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Stand two guys on the back

7. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

those machines will handle a 275 gallon tote filled with water without difficulty on level ground. Figure they weigh around 2300 pounds.

I think the 7' high is a non-issue - I stack the totes all the time.

8. Danny Boy

Well it handled it no problem, can easily lift 2900 to full height without straining, thought I would pass it on

9. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Fwiw we unloaded a flat bed load of pavers today at 3200# each with no problem.