take a look at this. PROSLIDE on a quick 36.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TClawn, May 17, 2005.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

well, I finally instaled a proslide on my quick 36 and is REALLY nice. stripes very well on the warm season grasses, that I could never get to stripe before. put two 1/8" pieces of steel around the frame to transfer the force to the four corners of the frame.

if your wondering, we don't mow barefoot, the blades were off the whole time. it's my brother in the pics.

proslide1.JPG

2. TClawn

proslide2.JPG

3. TClawn

proslide3.JPG

4. TClawn

////////////////////////////

proslide4.JPG

5. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Nice TC! So you finally got your proslide then, eh?! Where did you get it from and how much did it cost (if you don't mind me/us asking)? It looks nice, is that the new XT? Thanks, Tim

6. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

Looks good :cool: . I have to admit I cringe a little whenever I see those Proslides, having the mower pull the extra weight of my fat ahs around, I'd always be worrying about the extra strain on the drivetrain. :rolleyes:

A bit off topic, but a couple of questions on the mower itself - what'd it cost you to have that shipped to Hawaii?? Another question - how's that engine been for you? Is it without an oil filter? Does it have good power and run well? Reason I ask is because I have a new backup mower with what looks like that same engine, I've never even run it yet and I probably won't for awhile. Hopefully you've found it to be a good engine. :cool:

7. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

TC, looks great!! Glad to see you took the plunge!! :D

8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

where The Hell Are Your Shoes????

9. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

I got my proslide on Ebay New in box for $225,, and paid 9.95 shipping! Put it on the back of my Husqvarna 48" 15hp Kaw~5speed,,, it drags my fat A$$ around pretty good (200lbs) If I try to do inclines I get a small wheelie,,, so some clutching is needed but it does Awesome on level ground and strips super,, here is a link to there web sight that has a small Quicktime video of it in action: http://www.novaecorp.com/provideo.html
    once you use one you'll never want a sucky again!

10. Rinker97

Rinker97 LawnSite Member

TClawn,

Where did you end up getting your Proslide and how much was it, if you don't mind me asking? Also, I know you in Hawaii but is that the ocean I see at the top of one of your pics? Very cool.

Rinker