1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Take a peak at my contract

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by birddseedd, Oct 5, 2013.

1. LandscapeSavannah

LandscapeSavannah LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I do not see how you can set a price for the hedge trimming and remain true to that whenever they request it? What if they request it a year later? We factor all this into monthly payments in the case that everything is included. Trimming will be included all year but half the time it is never needed. I'm just coming from a stand point of someone trying to hold you to that price you gave them forever ago.

2. SP Landscaping

SP Landscaping LawnSite Member

Actually besides the op's spelling yeah it's pretty easy to understand

3. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Wth is "De-weeding"?

I also like how the thread title is "take a peak", how about "take a peek".

4. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

pulling weeds out of beds

5. birddseedd

If i want to change prices next year i jsut have them sign a new contract. same as price for mowing or anything else.

if they get a bunch more hedges, enough to warrant a change in price i woudl just have them sign a new one

6. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just spray them with a non selective herbicide. A bigger upsell and it does a much better job plus you or your crew doesn't have to waste time "pulling weeds".
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. birddseedd

whatever is miss spelled, ms office cant find it

8. birddseedd

I would consider that part of the de-weeding service

9. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you are on the right path by changing it. As far weeding goes I would change it to say weekly weeding, bi weekly weeding, or monthly weeding.

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Yep this is pretty much the case with residential s nowadays, it makes for a really hard sell. Commercials pretty much expect it, but not the residential market these days. That's almost always one of the first questions I get ask on estimates, DO YOU HAVE CONTRACTS? I'M NOT SIGNING A CONTRACT! I even tried the service agreement thing for awhile, even that was a bit hard to sell. You can blame the cable companies and phone companies for ruining the contract thing.