1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Take Him Home or ??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tn Lawn Man, May 10, 2006.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Had a new employee start on the weedeater Monday.

On Monday I start my route about 20 miles away and work towards the shop. We get 3 yards into the day and the worker tells me that "This just isn't for him" and to take him home.

I haven't had this happen so far away from the point of origin before. What would you have done?

BTW...When I asked what went wrong he said, "I just couldn't get the angles down right and it started to frustrate me. And I ain't gonna let any weedeater make me have a bad day".

I guess he could care less about anyone else having a bad day because of his inconsiderateness.
  2. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

If that was his excuse tell him to take a hike, I could see if he was injured, sick, or had a family emergency, but that has got to be one of the lamest excuses i have ever heard.
  3. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

he could call someone, or just hang out until we get close enough for his liking, or worked out the day.
  4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

With that excuse,only one option with me.
    His lazy ass,would be all on his own getting back, he could walk that 20 miles.
  6. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

Tn Lawn Man, you took him home didn't ya? And still paid him for the hours he worked. Thats what most would probably do.
  7. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

cab fare, and deduct it from his pay....
  8. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Id give the guy a ride home.

Jesus you guys are pricks. No wonder I work for myself.
  9. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

a cab ? lol drop his as* off at the next stop light and tell him to catch a bus
    I gave in one time never again :nono:
  10. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you guys find these idiots?

Get the number to the nastiest stinkin cab company you can find, keep it on you and use it when you dump your next wuss... then take the cab fare out of his check (if legal).