1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Take look at my Flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mow&Snow, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

No, I designed it myself using MS Publisher.
  2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Mow & Snow,

It is obvious that you put a great deal of time into your flyer. It looks very nice and thought out. From a marketing stand point for effectiveness it really should be much simpler. The old saying applies to every thing, keep it simple. Hope that I do not hurt your feelings, I just want your efforts to reap reward.
  3. kirbyap

kirbyap LawnSite Member

im working on my flyers right now and i was wondering, when you put them out at houses do u tape them to the door or put them under the mat ort what. whats the best way to do this? :help:
  4. Mow&Snow

Well because i am basically lazy, I want to be able to put falters out with out having to get out of the truck, so I put them into newspaper tubes or use a tack to stick them to the end of the post under the mailbox. U need to be careful not to interfere with the delivery of mail, as that is against the law. U cannot put anything in or on the mailbox in any way, (such as behind the flag.)

As far as when, thats a tough question. I live in new england where we are at the mercy of mother nature. I try to wait until the first week that temps get up to 70 or so, and it looks like it will stay there for awhile. I like to put as many out as i can on Thursday and Friday so when that first warm Saturday comes along and everyone gets that spring fever real bad, they have my flyer to look at.

Thats what i do. Let me know how u make....

5. Mow&Snow

fell free to post your own flyer here. I would love to see what everyone else is doing.
  6. kirbyap

kirbyap LawnSite Member

anyone else.......... for an idea of to tape it to the door ro put it under the mat or what? thanks :D
  7. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

I don't use tape. If i was the homeowner that received a flyer taped to my door i would be very upset. Especially if it took of the paint. To not risk damaging their property i just place them inside the storm door, underneath the mat, or within the door handle. I try to pick a day that is not very windy or no rain is in the forecast for a couple of days so they don't get washed away.
    Just my thoughts