"Take one" flyer box on trailer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FlemingIslandLawnService, Jan 23, 2012.

1. FlemingIslandLawnService

FlemingIslandLawnService LawnSite Member

You know those real estate for sale signs with the "Take One" flyer box? What if I put one of those flyer boxes on the side of my trailer encouraging neighbors of customers to take one? Good idea or tacky?

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't sound too tacky to me. Why pass on a possible good opportunity? I remember someone on here had a holder that was attached to the side of their truck door with business cards in it. Can't remember where they got it from, but they said it worked. People pass by, take one... you never know!

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't work for me, since I throw sticks & rocks at anyone who goes near my truck/trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a good idea... just have to make sure the box is secure so your flyers don't go flying out down the road.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Usually we hear people complaining about people "snooping" around their trailer or truck. I think a flyer box would just encourage people to get close enough to your trailer and give them an excuse to scope out the "goods".

I have never had a problem with customers just flagging me down while mowing.

6. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Or the person who grabs one of your flyers, reads it and then decides they dont want it, so they just throw it on the ground, and now your companies flyer is blowing around the neighborhood as trash.

7. FlemingIslandLawnService

FlemingIslandLawnService LawnSite Member

Good points everyone... especially the one about giving people an excuse to get close to my trailer or "snooping around." I definitely don't want to worry about that or the littering thing. When there are as many cons as there are pros it becomes an idea that never takes off

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Not a good idea in my opinion. I don't have any use for anyone being around my rig for any reason.

9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I sure like the way you think :laugh::cool2::clapping::drinkup:

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Hire a hot chick to sit on the hood and hand out flyers.
    Posted via Mobile Device