Take or leave grass clippings and leaves

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Craig3

Craig3 LawnSite Member

this is what I've gone to as well. Bagging takes more time and hurts my bottom line.

2. borwicks

borwicks LawnSite Senior Member

do a single pass mow. get the trimmer out and do all your trimming. do another single pass mow. I have found that this will give the grass a little dry time and not clump as bad on the second pass.

3. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

i bag if they want, other wise i mulch it down or cut it up and get it up.. i try to take it all.. nothing nowhere..if possible.. wind and cars can change your plans and sometimes , well.... if they got woods i mulch it down first.. i want to be presenting a professional image at every turn.. in a perfect world i would own nothing but walkers..but..

like tracy said i charge different prices depending on how my clients want debris handled.. but always but always i strive for curb appeal.

4. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

With leaves in the fall- Grind it till you can't find it.

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I sometimes do that, but it just looks best if it is cleande at the end in my oppion

6. lawnenvy

lawnenvy LawnSite Member

Leave them IF AND ONLY IF you're using a mulching mower. I only pick up clippings when warm season grasses are dormant.

7. lawnenvy

lawnenvy LawnSite Member

Oh.....and leaves, you definitely need to take them with you. It's just not professional to leave them.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i discharge and if i have to bag, a couple of my customers have space in the woods on the edge of their property where i can dump. i never leave it in bags on the curb though

9. mowerdude777

I mow in a suburban area so we do not have woods, I have been taking more and more lately( if the bag is not filled consider it gone, I can use it later

10. mowerdude777

since I am getting a trailer soon I beilve i will just take em