Take or leave grass clippings and leaves

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Mulch if possible. Other than that idk what to tell you, I have an enclosure on the front of my trailer i use.

2. land_scaper70

land_scaper70 LawnSite Member

We have some horse farms around us,as well as a few dairy farms. They both do not mind, if it fresh cut, to drop the clippings off for feed. A lot of the accounts that we cut also do not mind if we just dump in the woods around the yard, provided that we spread out the clipping and not let them pile up where they become unsightly after the leaves fall, when we bag.

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I mulch all the time but rake the clippings if there is an excessive amount

4. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

if i have to i take it with me i have the ability to compost some clipping on my own property otherwise the customer knows ahead of time that i do not bag. most understand ahead of time the benefits of mulching the others i explain the benefits to. currently there is only a need to bag a few yards that i do in the spring....these yards i mulch and then vacuum over that way the clippings get cut up again less volume and i haul those away, yes is is time consuming but really looks good on those yards

5. gogreenmaureen

gogreenmaureen LawnSite Member

We mulch after Spring Cleanup and through mowing season October 31, some go to Thanksgiving. Nothing is bagged. We will cut twice if we have to. All cleanups are taken away, unless customer has a compost. And sometimes I take it home and put in my own compost piles and reuse it in my own gardens.