Take the job or not....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jun 8, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I have a friend in the business who just picked up some new customer's and in our area its shrub trimming time. He pulls up to a customer's house to mow and there is another lawn care company leaving that same house. He begins to mow as usual and when they leave he stops and asks the customer if there was any problems with his performance. They said "oh no I didn't think you did that kind of work". They told my friend they were completely happy and that the service that just left asked about mowing also and they told them they were completely happy with my friend's company so they would not be interested in another quote. Its a small trimming job, maybe 2 guys there about an hour. I told him if it were me and I was that other company I would probably call you and give you the job and not step on any toe's. I figured their not going to get any more work out of them so why cause animosity between two companies. I have found that its easier making friends with other services rather than holding grudges and giving attitudes, it's paid off twice this year.