taken off the blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luke125, Mar 28, 2004.

1. luke125

luke125 LawnSite Member

hey guys i am about to take off my blades of my midsize mower and trying to figure out the best way to do it.

any suggestion?

:p

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

A wrench works pretty good.....;) ;)

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of mower? What do you mean by midsize?

I have a midsize ZTR. Just run it up the trailer ramp with one side hanging off. I use an impact wrench to get the off. Some guys just use a wrench. That part is personal preference. But if they've been put on with an impact, it will take one to get them off. Most unscrew like a regular bolt. Counter - clockwise to unscrew. Also, make sure you troque the blades properly when putting them back on.

4. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Impact wrench either electric or air powered
    Pm me I might have a spare

5. luke125

luke125 LawnSite Member

what i really wanted to know was how do you get under the deck
    and its a midsize wb

6. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Jungle Jack cost about 120 well worth it

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Where can you get a jungle jack? I saw a Craftsman commercial and they were using a jack on a riding tractor to get under the deck. I think it was the Motorcycle/ATV jack. I think it would fit under a ZTR, I was thinking of buying it. I think I saw the price at $100.

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Found it. Nevermind guys.

9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

You have got to be kidding?

Just in case you are not then pull the mower back to the edge of your trailer. Push down on the handle bars, attach a bungie (rubber) strap hook to the ramp and other to mower. It will be up about 3 feet. Now when you need to put gas in it unscrew the cap.

10. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

For large WB and mid mounts we use a sizor jack from a junk yard. It is a compact type for lifting a small car. When it is lowered it will go under a deck 2 inches off the ground. And here's the best part, it has a 3/4 nut to turn with the tire tool for heigth, but at the shop we use an impact on it. Raises the machine very easly and the impact is already there for the blades, a simple swap of blades take less than 2 minutes.

Allen