Takeuchi and Gehl/Mustang Marriage Over???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Digdeep, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my Bobcat contacts is out at ConExpo and told me that the rumor on the street is that the CTL marriage between Takeuchi and Gehl/Mustang is over. Has anyone heard anything on this? it would be interesting news if confirmed.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe Takeuchi wants to build a rubber tire version of their CTL's and getting rid of Mustang is the way out?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

This is just an observation (I was not told of anything) but I don't think TK is feeling like investing in rubber tired machines right now. I just got the feeling that they are trying to get through this slump in one piece. Their changes to their machines are coming very slowly. They were upgrading their machines to the 200 series last ConExpo and they still don't have all the machines updated. I sense they holding tight.

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I would be for it -wait for it - then I could put a VTS on a TK! :)

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Takeuchi doesn't need to upgrade, they are fine right where they are now.

6. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody know if Takeuchi was impacted by the earthquake and Tsunami? Maybe a few of their suppliers were and they don't want to have to supply Mustang/Gehl with parts that they could use just for their machines.

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I have no knowledge of anything about Takeuchi but I would feel like this would be a smart decision if I was in there shoes.
    The largest Bobcat dealer in Atlanta is closing in the coming months. It only seems like writing on the wall.

8. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny the Bobcat dealer hear is struggling. Since Doosan bought them out they cannot get inventory or parts. Maybe Doosan will help me out by buying Takeuchi also.:)

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Doosan sold all of there Corporate owned stores in Ga to Rhinehart in Rome. Rhinehart decided to close the largest store in Lake City.

10. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW. They buy trailers at the same place I do and they say they have ordered several lateley. I wonder why they would close their larges store?