Takeuchi and Gehl?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirt Digger2, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

are Takeuchi and Gehl owned by the same company?...I was just at the PA farm show and they had a Gehl compact loader there. It was identical to our TL130 right down to the tread design on the tracks. I didn't talk to the sales guy but I was wondering if any of you knew?

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a great question. We are looking at the Takeuchi TL150 right now and comparing it with the RC-50 Turf Edition from ASV. How does the Takeuchi do in the field?

3. Dirt Digger2

from PA

LOVE IT!! it rolls dirt over the bucket, pushes like a small dozer, has a great reach capacity (it will load a 10 wheeler without having to build a ramp)...great track speed...the only problem I have with it is the tracks collect a lot of mud...if you compare it to a bobcat, the bobcats have sheet metal shields around the tracks..the tackeuchi doesn't so mud and dirt just pile up

4. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

They're the same machine, just different paint/decals.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Don't let the Bobcat fool you. It will collect a lot of mud too. The shields collect the mud on top, and all around the sprocket. they have to be cleaned frequently.

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Some track machines have a tendency of the mud building up and causing stalling problems.

So far I have found that no matter how much mud my TL140 gets in the tracks it never has any binding issues that some other brands have encountered.
    My theory is because the mud has the ability too get away from critical areas because of the lack of guards .

7. Dirt Digger2

from PA

agreed, never stalled out 130 because of mud in the tracks, however i have stalled it twice trying to lift as i drove into the pile more then the machine could handle...we've also had to replace the tracks after 800 hours...i have nothing to compare that to because it's the only CTL i've ever run.

8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Team Green,
    Just remember that the TL150 and the ASV RC50 are two different animals. The TL150 weighs over 10,000lbs and has over 90hp the RC50 is just over 6,000lbs and puts out 50hp. I own an RC50 and have been extremely happy with it, but I don't have the turf edition. I have seen the videos of those tracks and watched them on a turf installers machine. The results in the field and on the video are identical....hardly left a mark, even when turning the machine relatively sharply. I was even surprised by the pushing power considering that there are no treads on the tracks. Good luck on your decision.

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

What were the signs that lead too them needing to be replaced?

10. Dirt Digger2

from PA

they have metal bars in the tracks where they go over the idlers...the metal was sticking out everywhere and the tread itself was getting very worn