Takeuchi fuel pump

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Jul 8, 2014.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

I went in last Thursday chasing after a fuel pump for the Tl150 at the dealer (had to go for other parts too), and found out they list it for around $450, he punched some magic numbers and I walked out paying $267 instead. Got home and looked on Ebay and this is the EXACT same pump for $39.99 shipped:

Ordered Sat. and it was here yesterday (Monday). Went back to Tak dealer to return new pump today. Manager tells me I made a mistake buying a knock off as in "it won't last". I tell him it's the exact same pump in the brand new machines on his lot as I opened the gates to confirm.

He still somehow insists I made a $40 mistake. :)

I think this is a moral dilemma - no different than me charging the Gov't $500 for a hammer. FRAUD. :(
  2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

You can replace it a couple times for the savings...

On a side note, you sold that little Takkie? Looking for a 120 or 220.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. swanny

I haven't had a TL120 in a while now. I saw one last month in Washington or Oregon that had a hundred or so hours on it, open cab for $20k. Didn't last long.

Miss that size, but had been running a little Gehl 3625 with cheap OTT auction tracks on it for the small stuff. Too bad they don't make a VTS system to fit it.

If I see one I'll forward the info. to you.
  4. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

I ran into the same thing with my tak excavator. NAPA sells a pump diesel specific that I have about 7 years on. A little retro fit, but in the future if there is a problem the part is at most stores, no need to wait. I think it was like 60.00 or so.
  5. swanny

I did the same thing to get it running over the weekend with a diesel pump from Advanced Auto that I had sitting on the shelf for a year in case one gave up the ghost during a snow storm or something. It bolted right up, no modifications. I think the flow rate is twice the gpm of the oem pump too.