Takeuchi = Komatsu?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirty Water, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I was doing a little reading, and I read somewhere that Komatsu's parent company was originally Takeuchi.

Does anyone else know anything about this? seems like Takeuchi is making a great name for itself on its equipment, while people tend to dislike Komatsu's.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have never heard that. Komatsu is #2 in the world last I heard. They are not well received on this forum but seem to do well world wide. Takeuchi was born in the mid sixties I thought Komatsu was older than that, but maybe not.

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Definitely not related... though an interesting proposition!

4. Dirty Water

I ran into this on Wiki.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Komatsu is Caterpillar's number one competition as Komatsu's prices are better than Cat and their customer service is number 1.

When you have companies like Heidelberg Group which is one of the largest gravel mining and cement supplier in the North America switching from Cat to Komatsu is a good blow to Caterpillars sales. Probably close to a billion dollars worth of sales.

As for Komatsu and Takeuchi I don't think they are linked together.

6. Dirty Water

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.takeuchi-us.com/

It appears that compact Takeuchi was formed in 79 ( so I was off by 10 years give or take 5). I don't think it is the same Takeuchi or at least not the compact version anyway.

8. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

I stand corrected. I looked at Takeuchi's site (ksss -- they were formed in Japan in 73, so you aren't too far off!) and there was no mention of Komatsu, so made an early guess there...

9. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Because Bill is not around I thought I'd stand in for him to liven this thread up a bit so here goes:

What does it Matter...;They are all Sushi anyway

How's that??:) :) :) :)

10. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

Were you drunk when you posted that?

Haha, jk...

(Am I even allowed to say that on this board?)