Takeuchi TB145

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Dec 19, 2005.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Any one own or use one of these??? comparing to a CAT 304. Thanks for the input.

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the Japanese spin off of Guccis? :):):)

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have a 145 but I have a TB53 zero swing excavator. The 53 weighs about 2K more than the 145. Very dependable and about as adaptable of a machine as you can find. With the side to side shifting of the boom, it allows you to bring the stick right up along side the cab. This makes truck loading a breeze and the machine can rotate within its tracks. Excellent machine.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The TB53 looks very impressive with the side shifting boom. There's nobody out there with a design like that, very innovative.

5. UNISCAPER

The TB53 looks very impressive with the side shifting boom. There's nobody out there with a design like that, very innovative.

JCB had that feature in 1976 when they were first introduced in the states. I wondered when someone would pick up n it.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The TB53 design is much better than the offset boom design used on most grey market machines, all that extra linkage scares me. On minis, I actually prefer the standard left to right boom swing, although I don't use it too often.

7. UNISCAPER

JCB just had the boom mounted on 4 3" diameter rods so it could swing from side to side. Worked slick as snot.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

In other markets Takeuchi builds the STS configuration in other sizes. It only comes to the States in a 12K machine. After running it, it would be hard to go back to a swing boom congifuration. Some of the major advantages to this system are you can lift a lot more because the weight is closer to the center of the machine (when the boom is slid all the way to the right). You can dig offset without the machine getting pulled around as tends to happen with the swing boom machines. I tend to keep it slid to the right as I dig because the visiblility is excellent with no loss of performance, other than a little less reach. There are a lot of grease zerks but other than that I have not complaints over the system. We have just under a 1000 hrs on it.

9. lamster

lamster LawnSite Member
    from Austria

I have a TB145 with AC,
    we run on it 1.800Hours in the last 2 Year, without and repair,
    only service,
    there is strong too, but only the Load-Holding valve makes problem,
    maybe I will remove it,

takeuchi was first with compact-excuvators and have a long time of experiance,
    I know, it´s expensive, but wenn you have one, you will not buy any other excuvators any more, now they anso have an 15to machine too (TB1140)
    im my region the will work allready for 1-2years, because takeuchi have tested the protypes im my region, and I know the service people very well,

the TB53 have some problems with overeating und noise on the first machines, but it is allready fixed,
    the only problem with zerro-swing are the expensice servicecosts,
    because repairs will take longer, because of the compact size
    the GEHL TL serial is also make from Takeuchi,
    here is austria, each 2 compakt-excuvator is takeuchi, I also have meet Mr. Takeuchi at a presentation of the new 1140,

the most selled excuvator here is the TB175 and TB145,
    and also the TB016,
    here the takeuchi oftet fitted with a power-tilt attachment - to tilt all buckets,

was great machines, better than Cat !
    does Cat build there compakt machines self ?

my TB145 has standard:
    Hammerpipe + swing-bucket pipe as standard
    load-holding and overload alert as standard
    radio
    Air-condition - works great
    auto-engine shut-off as standard
    you also can order control-pattern select vave (from ISO-Jcb style)

in the USA takeuchi is not so popular, (the price is much higher as here in europe)

10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Thank you for all the input guys, I love the sideshift cap. of the 53 but that puts me in a whole new trailer size ball game...I have a 7ton tilt lowboy but width is only 6'7" between wheel wells.....