Takeuchi TL120 vs. ASV RC60

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

You could also call this skinny snow tires vs wide snow tires, everybody knows that the skinny tires are better for traction in the snow (588 square inches for the Tak and 885 square inches for the asv) It does show that the tracks on the Tak are much better in the snow than the oem though.

2. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Most likely true. The Next Gen track also has skinnier tread bars (some are wider, some are narrower) ...probably helps the bite.

I'll try it on different ground situations and post it.

3. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

I am a Tak man, and even I would have thought the ASV would have had it on snow. I bet my TL140 would not push the 60 with standard tracks in those conditions. The tracks must work great. I wonder if they hold up as good as standard?

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Ive ran a 120 a couple times and a mustang which I believe is the same thing and the controls of those machines made other machines controls seem like alot of work. But the only other SS Ive ran with pilot controls was a T320 which is way bigger so maybe that was why but the contols were pretty bad compared to what I was used to. Just slow, unresponsive, made me want to keep throtling up but it was all the way up!

5. landscapebuilders

landscapebuilders LawnSite Member

ASV's ride very smooth, but the problem I've seen is with the rubber drive lugs on the tracks peeling right off the track. CAT used to use this system and have since moved away and went back to a gear drive system. I'd go with Takeuchi.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Bair makes a really good replacement lug, I used them and even made a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwPCrDb--rI

7. landscapebuilders

landscapebuilders LawnSite Member

Oh wow that's very interesting. Thanks for the information! I'll let my buddy know about this.

8. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i think it's all about psi on the ground. the asv is lighter on its feet despite being the heavier machine and gives the advantage to the tak. when i was buying my B300 the dealer got in a s300 bobcat and i was in the B300 and we pushed against eachother. i could push him all over the parking lot despite not having near the Hp from the engine. my machine outweighed the s300 by around 500#.

9. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow i was actually surprised. I thought the asv would have had more traction. Put the Tak 120 up against the ASV SR 80. Or the TL250 which ever one is the closest weight to the SR80

10. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member