Takeuchi TL120 with mulching head

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Oct 24, 2012.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

the original owner said the motor was capable of handling in the low 30 gpm. That makes sense about swinging teeth vs. rigid teeth...guess the rigid teeth wouldn't do well on grass.

It's probably paid for itself over the summer already. Big storm coming up the coast, so I'm sure it'll see some hrs. in the next week or so.

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

The fixed teeth don't do well on grass.. Higher rpm's help but it's more of a beating the thick stuff into submission.

3. swanny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IibKr7kL12I

here's a short vid my youngest took of the head chewing on some apple limbs. They are pretty tough and wirey like hickory is, but it still does well considering it's running at less than half of the flow it was designed for.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

i noticed you have this thing up for sale on craigs.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Nice vid. Pretty impressive for running at half flow. Definitly cool to see it adapted to a skid.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. swanny

All of my equipment is always for sale. :)

7. swanny

Helped a friend last spring to clear some of his front yard, so we put the tree tops (mostly oak and hickory...found an osage that was quite nasty to grind on) in a pile that was approx. 16' wide x 30' long x 7' tall when I started. It was pretty condensed as I kept driving on top of it with his CAT when I was stacking the brush.

Buzzed on it for about 2 hrs. today and got it basically shredded. I noticed 6 months of drying makes the limbs easier to mulch.

Any estimates on how long it would take if I had a high flow machine?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

What are the specs for that TK120?

9. swanny

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic