Takeuchi TL130

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by westernpa, Feb 10, 2006.

1. westernpa

westernpa LawnSite Member

Can anyone fill me on how this machine stacks up against the Bobcat T190 or the Deere CTL322? I mullled over the numbers and talked to reps from all 3 and each has their own spin on it. Does the TL130 undercarriage and planetary drive have anything over the T190 or CTL322 machines? We are hoping to demo each of these machines within two weeks or so but it's always good to hear some opinions from those who have had some seat time and maintenance issues/experiences. The machine will be used 90% for excavation and 10% lifting/moving pallets of block,etc.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I spent about three days on a 140 and generally it seemed like a nice machine. They are physically a big machine. Although the 130 seems more "normal". The 150 looks like a D4. I have run the 190 and have nothing positive to say about it except that it is a Bobcat and for better or worse, someone will buy it. You can research the archieves and find out what has been written about it. My issues were lack of power, too much feed back in the AHC, and loud. I have yet to spend any time in a Deere. You may want to try a CASE CT445 it ran very well.

3. westernpa

One thing I see about the TL130 is that it has great breakout force (6,700+)but its tipping load is comparitively low (at 4,630). That low tipping load may be a concern. I keep hearing about the lack of power on the T190 and that is an obvious concern as well. The Deere CT322 seems to have what the TL130 and and T190 are lacking as far as the numbers go but not much talk about them. We are on the list for a demo in the next week or so.

4. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as I know the whole TL series have big frames. I personally have a
    T200 bobcat but I used a TL 150 for 3 days and it was nice. It took a bit to feel comfortable in the tl150 because I was not used to hand controls and it has absolutly no feedback in the controls. The TL150 had a huge cab and I kinda felt like this-gmc . Also, the cab was not near as user friendly as bobcats and this particular tl150 had bucket positioning on it and I could not figure out how to turn it off??? On the plus side it had gobs of power and never even thought about bogging down. Over all I thought the tl150 was a nice machine so I would probably think the same of the tl130.

5. Koster Landscape

Koster Landscape LawnSite Member

We own a TL 140 and have had good luck with the machine, tried out the TL 130 but decided to purchase the TL 140. I guess it's all about what you really want to do with the machine. What are you looking to do ? I took a demo on the Cat, but it just wasn't there, Bobcat didn't have the joy stick option on the 200 at the time and I would have to use foot pedal, not what I wanted. The 140 is a very strong machine, and I have done some amazing things with it.I think Takeuchi has a well thought out machine, good track system, sealed idlers and rollers, heavy gauge steel frame work through out.It's just a simpler machine, Bobcat has too many bells and whistles(electronic junk) to go wrong.us flag

6. westernpa

We need it to excavate and grade about 90% of the time. The machine also needs to lift 2 - 3 ton off palletized materials off of a flatbed or dump truck. It's the lifting part that I am concerned about. Not sure if the TL130 will get those pallets off of the trucks for us without wanting to do a triple lindy!

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That is a lot of weight to lift off. I don't think a TL130 will do that. It may take a 150 to lift that kind of weight. 6000 pounds is a lot of weight to lift with any skid steer. I looked up the lifting capacity of a 150 and it has a tipping load of 7000 pounds and an operating load of 2450 pounds. You would have to be very careful when unloading. You certainly would do a triple Lindee in a 130, you may get by with only a single Lindee in a 150 ;) I guess you would have to weigh how often you need to do that verse everything else you need the machine to do. If a 130 can do 90% of what you need perhaps its worth breaking the pallets down when you need to lift them off the trailer. That sucks but it would seem a little waste full to pay the extra money (which is considerable going from a 130 to a 150) to accomplish a task that accounts for less than 10% of your normal duty.

8. westernpa

Unfortunately breaking down the pallets of materials is something we already have to go through and we would really like to eliminate that. Moving up to a bigger machine isn't in the cards financially at the moment. We also would like to keep the machine weights down enough without having to get a CDL to move equipment around. Our bigger excavation jobs we are going to sub out and we have several contractors with heavier equipment lined up. Running these number can and is driving us bonkers! hammer These demos can't come soon enough!!

9. toplineth

toplineth LawnSite Member

The Takeuchi is the way to go. If you run all of them the Takeuchi is the nicest machine by far and there is nothing on the market that can out dig it, size for size machines of course.

10. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to keep in mind that every manufacturer tweeks their tipping break out and load numbers. The best way to see what it does is put it to work doing what you need to do. Great example here. Our 257B's are rated to lift 2600 lbs believe. (That tells you I don't read written manufacturers crap)

We routinely lift 3200 lb pallets of Keystone. Enough said. I'm sure you will find different numbers and capabilites on a field test. Break out force...Explain how anything with a 30% lower tipping weight than it's break out force could be physically possible. How did they rate the break out force? Is it rated from the power of driven wheels/tracks? Or do they rate it from the bucket/boom raising a load from a hard packed soil situation? Manufacturers slant both as they need to help their numbers appear more salable.

My grandfather had a sign over the motor test tank in the shop of his marina that said "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions" Those words I read as I was a boy growing up have stuck with me all my life. They are what you need to do before dropping a dime on anyones machine.