Takeuchi tl140 arrived today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mhilton, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

My machine arrived today, This is my first piece of equipment alls i need is to get to work.

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

looks good...i would tell you things to look out for, but there are none...haha...just keep an eye on track tension and you'll be fine

oh, and the grease fittings on that machine are not the "standard" type so make sure you get some from your dealer in case you ever have to change one out...i had to change the ones in the loader pins and must have tried 5 different types and none of them worked, so we had to get them from the dealer
  3. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up. What type of oils do you use as far as motor and final drive oil? And If anyone knows of a used trailer?
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

that thing looks nice!!! i just got my first machine also a john deere ct332 it great. how about some pics of the ford??? that thing looks awsome, i think the extended cabs looks way better then the standard cab or the crew cab.
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That is still one of my favourite CTL brands. Nice choice!
  6. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Nice machine and hope it works out like you plan.

I would like to get some input from others on here as to why they think the TK machine have the tracks at the drive sprocket at the rear of the machine,make such a sharp curve down to the bottom idler with the track.

Does anyone feel that a more gradual curve there would be a bennifit or no big deal one way or the other???? Maybe make the machine ride a little easier?

Anyway good luck:usflag:
  7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

You will love that machine. I have a TL130 and love it. I still want a day to sit in the seat of a TL140 or even better yet the TL150. I still think my TL130 has a ton of power but the dealer said it wouldn't hold a candle to the TL150.
  8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I use the same engine as I use in my Trucks.
    Shell Rotella is fine as are most other diesel oils.

I would let the dealer do the service that requires the final drive oil change.

The cab will leak dust in were the top halve of the cab and the chassis comes together.
  9. BIGBEN2004

You can change the final drives yourself. It is very easy. All you do is drain the oil and put new in. Very simple actually the easiest thing to change on those machines at least it was on mine. I just went to the dealer and gave them my support and bought oil and filters from them. Their prices on oil were actually less than oil from wall-mart. My Takeuchi dealer has to be the best dealer I have ever done business with so I will buy as much as I can from them since they treat me so good. It just helps keep good relations with them for the next time I buy a machine.
  10. BIGBEN2004

According to my dealer Takeuchi has a patent on that design. It has a couple of benefits, 1) It requires less power to turn the track up around the lower idler and over the drive wheel then those who have the lower idler behind the drive wheel. 2) Their are more drive teeth in the sprockets of the tracks at all times since the track wraps further around the drive wheel then the competition which will keep wear done less then the competition and also less chance of jumping when the tracks are loose.