1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Takeuchi tl140

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mhilton, Feb 14, 2008.

1. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

Hi guys, What a great site to be part of. Well I am about 3 or 4 days away from getting my new Takeuchi tl140 and I just wanted to get any feed back from people who own a tl140. This is my first piece of equipment, I have only been in business for about 2 years. Takeuchi seemed to me like the best ctl hands down. I did not demo any machine that was even close to comparison.
  2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

you'll love it...we have a TL130, just be ready to dish our $2300 (just the track cost, doesn't include labor) for new tracks after 800 hours...but our 130 can't be beat

and he already bought the machine...don't tell him to buy a cat or bobcat:nono: you know who you are...haha
  3. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

I had demo days with every ctl I could think of and nothing came close. In nj we just about every dealer you could think of. :gunsfirin
  4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That was a good choice.
  5. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

We love ours, and it was the best priced one out of all of them! The only thing I do not like is the fact that you can not prep for concrete in a 7' door, and they like fuel but, I guess they all do.
  6. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

yeah i considered that but we rarely ever do garage floors. They had a case that was a lot lower but not as powerful.
  7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

You won't necessarily replace the tracks at 800 Hrs. It all depends on how you run the machine. If you spin allot in 360's or run in allot of rock or spin out the tracks while trying to dig then maybe but if you respect the machine you can see upwards of 2,000 Hrs. I have seen it done. A friend of mine has a T190 Bobcat that has just over 3,000 Hrs on his original tracks. I am not lying they are slicks now but are still going. It all depends on how you treat them. I own and love my Takeuchi TL130. When I need new tracks I will be going with the after market brand tracks for allot less money that my dealer also sells. They recommended them to me.
  8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The Takeuchi is a bullet proof machine, really idiot proof, they were the first CTL's built on a tracked undercarriage.
  9. mhilton

mhilton LawnSite Member

Well the machine will mostly be owner operated. When I was at the dealer I quoted after market tracks and they where about 1600. Has anyone had a dozer blade on the takeuchi?I figure if I can get 1200 hrs I will be happy.
  10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we had the dozer blade and sold it, the thing was useless, to us anyway...its tricky to run and didn't push a whole lot