Takeuchi TL240 vs Bobcat T650

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Dec 30, 2009.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I don't really think this was fair, the Bobcat is a vertical path, if this was fair, it would be a T630, radius path loader, but what ever.
    Courtesy of my Bobcat dealer after a sales rep flipped out when he saw a YouTube video of my Takeuchi:

Attached Files:

2. Sam_French

Sam_French LawnSite Member

I used to be in business to business sales. In my opinion I would be very ashamed to send that type of material to anybody. I feel there is NO all around perfect machine. We all have different needs and demands. Thats why I DON'T brand bash.

To be honest I am very scared of Track Machines.

Happy New Year

3. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

Confidential- Do not Duplicate, Distribute, or Copy
    I like it!
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

There is some bit of truth in the PDF, Bobcat's loaders are better than they used to be, the M Series pins are much larger than they used to have, so they were obviously thinking about the CTL's.
    But their "facts" about the rear twin idlers, the horsepower needed for the tracks to turn and the fact that they don't tell you how much engine displacement and size, not too mention the bull sh*t about cab visibilty, oh yeah, I'm really impressed. :nono:
  5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Ron we both been in the new m series machine me and you both know that the visibility out of the machine is very very good and is definitely better then the tak machines..

The new m series bobcat machines are going to be tough to beat
  6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

"The Takeuchi 2-spd is too slow in low range to be productive, yet in high range the machine is not able to do work."

Thats total BS, and I have a video to prove it.
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Not to pick on you or single you out, what do you not like about track machines? This could be a whole other thread I guess.
  8. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

So this is where the salesman get there info so they can act like they know what there talking about. I love talking to these people you can see right through the ones that have never ran equipment. Takeuchi is probably the #1 target now that the Koreans own BC. The only thing that I believe there right on is the height, yes over 7' sucks.
  9. Omran&Turbo

Omran&Turbo LawnSite Member

I don't want to get any one hier pissed off, but it does not matter what brand of the machine is !!as long as you take care of your equipments as long as they last (exclude equipment made in China :laugh: ) and at the end of the day as long you make $$ that all what matter, I don't care if you operate a shovel and a rake.:laugh: :laugh:
    Happy new year.
  10. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Get a couple of these for Deere, Cat, and Case... can you do it, Ron? I know they're out there! Thumbs Up

I'll post some thoughts on this later on.