Takeuchi Track machine

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Boddie, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Boddie

Boddie LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anything about the takeuchi 140 machine? How does it measure up to the cat, bobcat, or any other machine. I do lots of new construction landscape installs and was looking at buying a new track machine. I want the best machine out of the three. Which is better?

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I hate being the first to reply... :(

But honestly, the only recommendation I have here is that at some point, you will need to demo all of them.

Some questions to help the others: what will you be doing with the machine? What terrain do you work on? Do you have a preference for fleet commonality? Who does most of your service? Will you be using attachments? What about the Takeuchi attracts you to make a post with it as the title?

(Since you are new here, a little disclaimer -- I'm not attacking you by any means. It's just become common trend here to post a few facts about your company prior to asking a question. After all, plunking down $50,000 that a group of strangers told you to plunk down, without knowledge of your company or your jobs, is foolish!)

So... without further ado, welcome to the forum!