Taking a Blower "shower"

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by rob7233, Jun 20, 2013.

1. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

It has been so friggin' hot lately here in Metro Orlando, not to mention all the rain. I find myself using the blower to cool down and rid myself of the dripping sweat.

It's funny all the looks I get when people see the shower of sweat come off me. Now my helpers join in and they all call it "taking a blower shower".
  2. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to put my shirt over the nozzle and blow up my shirt, really helps.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

A bit of cool air blown down your rubber boots feels nice.
  4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Heh. And all these years I've been using a vacuum hose.
  5. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

when i'm starting my br600 and i have in high idle mode, i'll point the end of the blower towards my pants to clean the grass off them, to keep my truck cleaner, and also if someone is working with me that day, and its hot out, or we are both covered in grass we will each take a back pack blower and blow the sweat, grass, whatever is on us, off. it works pretty good,
  6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Guess I am not the only one doing that :laugh:
  7. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

When it really starts to warm up around here my crews do stuff like that. It's kind of fun to try to mess up someones edging or catch them off guard with a blast of air. Not to mention cool them off! haha
  8. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

I hate when my helpers blow off on every property , premadonna's
  9. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

My guys call it a blow job. Haha
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I do it every now and then. I had one guy that was bad about that. I kept telling him he should be done before I'm finished mowing, after every stop he'd have to take his shirt off and blow himself off with the blower, felt like leaving him a couple of times. I couldn't get it through to him that he had more than enough time to do everything if he'd do what I told him. He only lasted a couple of days.

Being the former trimmer man I was always (90% of the time) done and at the truck before the mower (52" Exmark or 50" Dixie) was finished. I have it set-up in our routine that the mower finishes away from hard surfaces so the guy trimming can get the blower and have everything blown off before the mower finishes. What made it bad with this guy is I was mowing with a 36" Turf Tracer so he had plenty of time. Some guys just can't or won't follow instructions because they've know it all.