Taking a job out of state?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Go-Green Lawn Care, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Go-Green Lawn Care

Go-Green Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just got a call from someone about 30 miles away from me in Ga. She says that all she has now is a yard full of weeds, and wants a total renovation/makeover. (All organic of course)

This could end up being a pretty big job, but I'm unfamiliar about how things work when you are outside of your state in which you are licensed. Particularly the requirements for the sate of Ga. Thanks.

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

we do the fla ga thing a lot, not for organics but same idea, the Ga lic is useless in Fl. the Fl lic is good in GA. don't ask why different reciprocity??? go figure. at least Fl got to keep the stars and bars, haha. call the Gdep or the GDOA and ask about a state lic. its got to be easy DGL got hisLOL :laugh:

and there not a lot of compost cops up that way, total refurb, you should not have to touch that lawn for a year or 2 at least!!! go see the soil test questions post

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2417223#post2417223

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

GGLC, you know it takes something to get me thinkin, so I was thinkin, you should really investigate what it takes to get you Ga lic.#! your there on the line, it only makes sense. plus you get to put on your ad" serving Fl and Ga :weightlifter:that's cool. also seem to remember a thing up there about your rivers and estuaries being polluted? is that the case and is this.. part of the reason you are doing this????

4. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Priceless!

ZINGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Florida is the toughest stae to the Pest Lic. If you can get your Lic in Florida you can get it anywere. I guess the FDACS like to try to keep the state clean...or they just want to push all the spraying underground and under the table...:)

FWIW I had mine in florida, DC and VA both accepted reciprocity. if I ever move back , I don't look forward to taking the test again..

6. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

HA HA HA, can't you just feel the love?

Yeah the test was simple, nothing to do with organics, was basically all about IPM, and a lot of crop stuff that is useless to me at least. I don't know, but I don't see myself using any big tractor booms around my area. It is hard enough to find a farm large enough let alone a lawn.