taking a leak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodten, Jan 27, 2005.

1. rodten

rodten LawnSite Member

my dad and i have beeen in the lawn business for around 15 years and i offen
    hear my dad trying to line his yards out, mainly in the mornings after the coffee, he keeps the good pee spots in mind. i admit that sometimes its hard to hold it, but sometimes you just can't go for the threat of getting caught.
    any comments, because i know some guys thats came real close to getting caught :dizzy:
  2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've taken a whizz in customers' yards, but there is always the danger of getting caught. I wonder how much I could make by manufacturing and selling a WhizzMate, a device for relieving your liquid load comfortably and conveniently (not to mention discreetly) in your truck.
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If you have an enclosed trailer it's easy go inside close the door pee in a cup or a big bottle and your done.Boy sometimes I miss my enclosed trailer.
  5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

yep you all should be careful about peeing around cust. houses more and more people have hidden security cameras seeing evrything you do . go to your local drug store and pick up a pee holder the same one you use if your sick in bed and cant get up .
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

As I said there, and many times before:

Get caught urinating in public in Michigan, and it's a sexual offense. Your name will end up on the sexual offenders registry.

Once again with the whole using the customers property as a bathroom thing. We whine and moan all the time about how people don't take us seriously, think we are lowlifes because we are in this business, etc yet we think it's just fine to urinate in people's yards. We spend all kinds of money trying to be legitimate, advertising, signage, uniforms, etc, then we just whip it out and pee anywhere. And yet we wonder why people have such bad opinions of us.

I have never urinated in a customers yard, and never will. I find it disgusting and more than a bit trashy. There are plenty of bathrooms around town for me to use, and I do take advantage of them. If worse comes to worse, I could always make do inside my vehicle where I cannot be seen. I certainly would not use a customer's yard as a bathroom.
  7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Part of the reason why I love having an enclosed trailer. Close the doors and you are all set
  8. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

Snapple bottle inside truck.How hard is that? :dizzy:
  9. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Yep, enclosed trailer is the only way to go. Get yourself a bottle with a secure cap (wouldn't want to spill in your trailer), and some of that soap that doesn't need water, just kind of soaks into your skin and you're all set.
  10. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

Every job has its problems and this can be a big one for some people. I could probably write a book on all the funny incedences that I've experienced trying to take a quick one.
    If you're in a subdivision surrounded by houses...you're out of luck. If you have an enclosed van, keep a bucket of soil back there. Just walk in the back and do your job but be sure no one uses the dirt. If you're not fiddling with your fly walking out, no one will know what you were doing back there. If you're in a pick up..you're out of luck. Take a brake, go to the nearest gas station. If you wear shorts it's easier to find a place to squat.
    One time I was on an estate and went way back in the woods near a tree only to look up and find a security camera looking right at me!!