1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Taking a working vacation

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Apr 21, 2013.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I had an opportunity present itself a couple weeks ago that I think those on this forum could appreciate. I got a call from a contact in the heavy equipment industry. He asked if I would be interested in coming to Austria to assist them in providing end user input into a machine. I dont know what machine that is, I will find out when I get there. I had to sign confidentiality agreements so I wont be able to talk about whatever it is specifically. I will give the name of the OEM after I clear it them (it's not CASE). They are flying me and my wife out in the early morning and we will be there for a week. Pretty cool opportunity.
  2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds fun to go to Aussieland! Should be interesting to try out whatever machine they have. Let us know what you can. :drinkup:
  3. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

No kangaroos in austria
    Australia has them thou
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Enjoy the lieterhosen and beer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Jump on that opportunity!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. You are heading to one of the most beautiful places on earth. I wish someone would ask my opinion once in a while! :)

Have fun and enjoy this opportunity.. Might lead to something different in your future.. Never know! :) :drinkup: Make sure you snap some pics of those Alps.
  7. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Very cool. Last fall I was contacted by a manufacturer and flown out to Kansas to do testing on some machines that have still not been released yet. It was a great experience and opportunity. You will be glad you didn't pass it up! I wish I went to Austria though!!!
  8. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Nice one, have fun...
    Just hope its not some new synthetic handle for a shovel ha ha
  9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds pretty sweet. Make sure you show them how to farm Iderhoo potatoes. :waving:
  10. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

Liebherr comes to mind.