Taking a year off, will I get them back?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, May 3, 2007.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

I just mow big lawns. Of the 4 I finished with last fall I will just mow one next door with her own mower. The three others I'm wondering whats the chance I will get them back next year?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Can you give us a little more info?

Do you have your own equipment? Why aren't you cutting them this year? Do you plan to do this full time?

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Why are you up at 2:40am worrying about this?:confused:

Just kidding. I can't tell you if you are going to get any customers back but you can increase your chances of getting them back by telling them the reason and you want to mow for them next season. The biggest variable is that they will need someone in the interim and if that person is a better value to the customer and is reliable then I think you are out. It depends on the customer. Good Luck.

4. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I have my own equipment which all needs some work,,, varying in amount from one to another. My main other pickup needs a bunch of work. I was having a hard time getting my heart into the work,, kindof burned out. I want time to build some wing mowers. I turned 40 last december. Still making changes in my life trying to lower stress as a stress induced health problem hit me big time in april of 2004. My health really didn't start to get better untill last July. My main income is delivering pizza. I have even thought of doing something completely different as I have delivered pizza and mowed grass for most of the years since 1991. I believe all the customers liked me, but I wasn't mowing as often as some of them wanted me to.