1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Taking business serious.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by drsogr, Apr 7, 2006.

1. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I actually enjoy the less freedom thing a lot more than I thought I would. I was slacking last year, starting later and later, wasn't organized enough, etc. etc. Having a steady employee, I get up early, fill up the gas cans on the way in, don't drive out of my way for lunch...

2. PDuffy

PDuffy LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Man do I know how you feel! Finding the right employee makes life so much
    easier. The trouble i have is being able to keep it going year round. (feast or famin) It definately put me to a set schedule....As the business grows, so much for my golf game!

3. PDuffy

PDuffy LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Bullseye!!!!!!!!!

4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Well to let you guys know what is going on. I had hired an employee and it did help me at least work a set schedule. The problem is though as soon as I hired him, I got swamped with work. So I am still working odd hours.

His back went out yesterday. I hired someone else the same day, and I hired a second person today. Now the training process begins with 2 people! Hopefully I can get back on schedule.