Taking competitor's acct for more $

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danno, Mar 15, 2004.

1. danno

danno LawnSite Member

We always hear about people losing an account to a competitor for less money, how about taking one away for more money! Just did that today. Did a spring cleanup for $1700 and picking up a year contract for $700/month (4 man hours/week). Plenty of extra work there in the landscaping side also. Previous lco was not listening to the customers requests. Anyone else have any good experiences?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, many of times I have picked up accounts for more money just because we provide them with more personal attention and we can get their requests done quicker

3. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes big LCO hired kids to mow with rideons. They tore up turf ,customers hate torn up turf.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's the kind of customers I like to get. They APPRECIATE personal service, attention to detail and hard work you do for them. And they don't mind to pay a PREMIUM for it!

Just make sure you keep your ears on :alien:

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

you must be doing something right. congratulations. keep up the good work

6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I have gotten 20% of my customers this way. The customer is tired of the old lco, an lives by a customer we service. They like the striping we do, and the way the lawn looks when we are done. They give me a call..... I have been as much as $40 over what the old lco charged, an have still locked up the account.

7. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

This is what happens when you do good work!!! Congratulations.!

8. AMAC

AMAC LawnSite Member
    from MO

People love to get someone that will do the job right. It sounds like you are. keep it up.

9. Vladslawn

Vladslawn LawnSite Member

Copngratulations! Those kind of customers are my favorite, I really enjoy working with them.