Taking credit cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Bella Lawn Care, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Bella Lawn Care

Bella Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What are you guys doing for credit card payments? I was looking into the iphone merchant swiper.

2. RandallM

RandallM LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I've thought about the quickbooks cc option as well. Has a scanner for your smart phone.

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

4. RidgeRun10

RidgeRun10 LawnSite Member

Paypal fees are rediculous and it is inconvienent. I just started using Intuit GoPayment. It is great. No set up fees and no monthly fees if you're not collecting over $1000.00 a month. If it is over $1000.00 a month, then I believe it is $12.99 a month or somewhere around there. Most of my customers prefer cash or check, so the $1000 a month limit works for me for those few who wish to use a credit card. I may bump it up and pay the $12.99 a month if someone wants to put a large landscape or irrigation job on their card. Oh... it also comes with a free credit card reader for your smart phone when you sign up. It is very cheap, but it works. You can purchase one if you want that is a little higher quality. There are transaction fees of course, just like any other merchant account system, but they are fair rates. You'll want the credit card swiper, because it is a lower % transaction fee to swipe a customers card than it is to manually enter their card in. If you have any other questions, fire away. It has worked great for me. Just do a google search of Intuit GoPayment. Cheers! :usflag:

5. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

That's so funny, I just signed up for the Gopayment this morning. I was looking over the Merchant services from Sams Club and those were good rates, but when you add in the monthly fees it kills you if you're not doing lots of $ with them.

6. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Just talk to your local bank- they all offer Merchant Services. Fees are insignificant as long as you're physically "swiping" the card.

7. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to my bank to become a merchant to accept VISA and MasterCard, it cost me like 10 bucks a month (I actually didn't use it for the first year, so 120$ dollars lost right there lol) and i'm about to cancel it because VISA and MC takes their "cut" from my services, which is about 3-4% of every sales. Although it does make you look more professional when you accept credit cards, but you still have to pay for that.

8. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm using square. No minimums or maximums and no fees or
    ther than the fees for swiping or manual entry. They just dropped the additional .15 fee per transaction. They sent me a free card reader for my android phone as well. So far so good.

9. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

10. RidgeRun10

RidgeRun10 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device