Taking my Blower Mate back!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Simone Lawn Service, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I purchased all new equipment equipment about two weeks ago. I recently installed my new blower mate from Jungle Jims (I went with the Blower Mate because it had the blower tube holder). I did a lot of searches before I picked my new equipment holders, and I know a lot of you like the Blower mate, but not I! First of all they didn't send the additional bracket I needed for my Stihl. I installed the bracket yesterday, and tried it out today. I didn't even get out of my alley before the blower tube fell out-I figured the alley was a bit bumpy, give it a chance. My new blower was beat to h@ll all the way acrossed the city, then when I was pulling away from a light, the tube fell off again, landing on, and going down the side of an expensive looking conversion van-thankfully no damage to the van. My new blower was really getting beat up (no support at the bottom of the holder. I took my blower off at the next stop. This afternoon I ordered the same as I used to have (Greentouch) I'll pay twice as much, but it does what it's supposed to. Blower mate was a joke! Another get what you pay for story...

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'd say it's because you didn't use the additional bracket that it requires. And if they didn't send it to you, then call them and get it. Don't bash the product because you didn't use it correctly.

I love mine. Tube has never fallen out once!

3. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Like I said...I didn't even try it out until I had it completely assembled with the required additional bracket for the Stihl. The one I asked my dealer if I needed when I ordered the Blower Mate and they said "No". The blower on their website looks like it fits much better. I know some of you guys really like yours, just sharing how I fared with it.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I like mine, not love it. It could be better, but it does the job. Tube never falls out.

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Ive got no complaints against mine either. It does its job.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

My bad. I thought you meant you installed the whole blower mate and then tried it out.

You mention that the one on their website looks like it fits better. Any chance you don't have something assembled correctly? I'm not too familiar with stihl, or what makes them so different that they require a special bracket, so I can't help much.

Good luck.

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Mine didn't even come with a tube holder. Dang, I never knew it was supposed to. I just jerry-rigged a holder out of PVC. Works great.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Expert, if yours is yellow, you have the older model. If it's red, you got shorted a tube holder because the red one comes with it.

When I ordered mine at a dealer which was a half hour away, they got the wrong one (yellow), and of course I didn't open the box until I got home! That was a wasted couple of hours.

9. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

any of you guys check out the gridiron one... That s what I use and they lock the blowers in with no special brackets for diff brands.. they lock the blower from the sides and bottom.. then they have the ring that you mount whereever you need to to secure the tube.. Mine have worked flawlessly for 4 years now...

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

This is a good thread. Can you guys list the top blower holders and price ranges for me? Trimmer Trap, Blower Mate etc.
    Thanks