Taking pesticide test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DynaMow, Nov 15, 2005.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys I am scheduled to take the core exam for licensing December 8th. Just wondering if any fellow LCO's have any tips or advise?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

study even the stupidest stuff.

I always found though that by just studying the mini-exams usually at the end of chapters that 90% of the time the same type of questions pulled from those mini-exams are on the main exam.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Don't be nervous its a piece of cake. You work at your own pace and a lot of it is common sense, and true and false. I wish the actual test was harder because you will be amazed at how simple it is to get lisc. The test is so simple its the easiest part of the fert and squirt you will encounter. Once you get your Lisc and have to decide what and when to use a product and why is the hard part. Good Luck

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

STUDY!!!! I don't know how the Ohio test is, but the CT one is a *****, I missed it this spring by one friggin point! I will be studyin after thanksgiving, should take the test again sometime in Dec or January.

For CT you have to know the chemicals (which i think is BS). That is where I bombed it, i knew 9/10 of the id's, plus all the core safety stuff inside and out

5. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

As others have said, study a bit and you will likely do fine. I read thru all the materials I tested for and missed 2 on the core test and 4 on the turf test early this year. Are you only taking the core test? If so I would also take your Catetory tests at the same time to save a trip back to the testing location.

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

it an easy test. if you can read a label you are good you can go to the ODA web page and download a practice test

7. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

I to have been studying for the test and here in GA I hear its tough. You really have to know insects and tank nozzle ratios. You also have to know all the formulas for mixing also. Im nervous about taking it and failing and wasting my exam fee. Is there anyone here from GA that could give me any inside info on what to else to study.

8. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

thanks all, really respect these guys from Ohio. yeah i am taking the core and the necessary category exams.
    Little nervous not to bad.
    Mac, I am still going to get a hold of you, buy you breakfast. Need November to slow down a little. I think its coming real soon.

Craig

9. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

The right answer is "C".

Just kidding. Read the study guide the morning of the exam. It's amazing how much crap sticks in the grey matter and pops up when you need it. Don't go off on any weird tangents, whatever study material they recommended will do fine.