taking the 4th off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Jul 4, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Nice to have a day of vacation today! Anyone else relaxing? I just went out to get my newspaper and I saw another company with the mowers in the trailer. Anyone actually working today?

2. XOFMOT

XOFMOT LawnSite Member

Is there really such a thing as a day off when you don't even think or talk about this business. I THINK NOT!

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Homers mowing is shut down today, no work. Gonna do the fireworks thing tonight, grill some boigas and duwogs on da grill. Got the walamelon chillin' in da fridge. Am I caught up? Why heck no I ain't. Do I care today? Look in my eyes and see if you see any give a XXXX. I worked on my 21st anniversary the other day, the least I can do is take this one off. That grass will be there tomorrow when the store is opened back up, just be a little taller than it already is!

Married 21 years............hard to believe that one!:p I must be a good husband:angel:

Happy 4th..................enjoy it.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations Homer.
    I take off every 4th and do the grill out thing and if I had a boat I would do the lake thing. Probably go to a local bar and watch their fireworks show on the lake tonight. So far its been a good year so this will be far more relaxing of a day than last year. Sure I will think about work and have done some paper work this morning but no maintenance or touching lawn equipment. Okay I did touch my tractor LOL but i didnt start it.

5. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

cant mow here its raining

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep always take the 4th off.

We are leaving in a little bit to go to a cookout at my brothers house.

Hopefully it won't rain so we can swim.

7. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, we're not working in the lawns today, but I'm using the blower and a shovel to finally get a little house cleaning done, catch up on the laundry, plus perhaps a little paperwork, but I consider this a day off. By dark, Dr. Crown may stop by and it'll be time to relax.
    Have a happy 4th everyone :)

8. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

off today, doubled up the last 2 days so we will be on schedule Thursday. WE had one he11 of a storm come thru over night, so it would of been a late start today anyway, so mys well stay home
    Yall have a good 4th!!!

Kevin;)

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got done ....NO mowing .... quick little landscape install .... to pay fore Pepsi 400 race this Sat ;-> ...... HAPPY N SAFE 4th Everyone

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Bill.................you have to use a shovel and blower to clean your house? I know mine gets dirty from time to time but never that bad!

I did use a shovel and blower in my shop last night, been a long time since I cleaned that up.