Taking the Core Exam for Pesticides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GravelyGuy, Nov 18, 2006.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I need to schedule to go take the core exam and category 3B exam to get licensed to spread herb/pesticides. How difficult are these exams? They offer a training session that cost $90 for each or you can just purchase the manuals for $35 and take the tests when you are ready. I also have to attend a 2 day training class since I have no prior experience. The training course cost $350:cry: I guess the manuals are like 80-100 pages each. I am more nervous about taking these exam than I am my SAT that I have to take in a few days:laugh: Anyways, thanks for any help:)

2. spend the $90 dollars and take the class, they teach you pretty much what is on the test and makes it a lot easier. They have great instructors and they do a good job preparing you.

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I was hoping that if you paid $90 they might kind of clue you in on what you need to know. The only thing that I don't like is that you have to take the exam immediatley after the class. This got expensive real quick. It's an extra $100 for the liquid fert license putting the grand total well over
    $600. :rolleyes: No wonder people do this w/out proper licensing.

4. if you take the class then the test your almost guaranteed to pass it, but you still need to read the book prior to the class.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

*sarcasm on*
    hmm $600 investment does seem expensive for an "easy in" to be able to gross $600 by noon on any day... *sarcasm off*

Spend the money, get certified, that is where the money is at.

6. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the books and it took me about a month to read them. After that I reviewed and reviewed and reviewed until test time. I had a friend(with license) that helped me focus on what was important when I was reviewing and luckily I passed!!

7. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

BS: I will definatley get licensed before I go at it, but $600 is still expensive for a license no matter how much you can make. I wonder where all that $600 goes:confused:

8. the 600 dollars is cheap, just wait till you figure how much each CCH costs you.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Once you pass the test, what will that give you? What will you be able to put down? Granular fert, liquid fert, pesticide, herbicide, insecticide?
    All of the above?
    I think $600 is a small investment for a big big future. Where are you taking the exam at? Who offers the trainning sessions?

10. GravelyGuy

from Indiana