Taking the next step to FULL Time Employees

Discussion in 'Employment' started by BeautifulBlooms, Mar 18, 2007.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else out there go throught his awkward step in your business.

We are at the point where we are thinking of hiring someone at least full time seasonal April through November that could easily add a month at the beginning of the year to qork on equipment or something. We are pretty sure we can continue to get the contracted work to support that person, but we arent sure until we have the contracts signed and returned.

If we dont plan on doing snow removal are there people out there that will work hard for 9 months and then go into layoff for the winter, or do we NEED to find them work with another business ssay to help with snowplowing or do we need ot add that service to our own company. We dont want to because of the equipment costs and the breakdown of the equipment, but if we had to in order to hire someone good and keep them year round.

Any hints out there people?
  2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, but I think I am going to take a little time to pay off some equipment before I make my serious push.

I will have a couple of guys through the summer this year. Hopefully next year we will be year-around with different services available.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I am at the point of adding another crew. It is always awkward, but at least you don't have to buy a new rig too.
  4. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Beautifulblooms, Contact me via email jasonjmcgee@yahoo.com not sure where in milwaukee you are but i have something that might work well for you and me as i live near. And if it doesnt work out i will help you with your ?'s as i had the same issue 4 years ago and now have 14 employees

5. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

What are you guys doing to keep people busy in the winter? Splittin wood I hear is very profitable. You could split wood for quite a bit of the winter to prep for the next year.

Anyone else have ideas for winter other than snowplowing? and wood splitting?
  6. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Pushin snow around or unemployment.