Taking the plunge deeper

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by efaubert1, Sep 19, 2006.

Your place to weigh in on the WB

1. Walker

2. Scag

3. Bunton

4. Exmark

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. efaubert1

efaubert1 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Well, we have been readying the forces for the family to get the mowing biz off the ground for a year, and I just want opinions on the mowers that have been purchased. 61" Simplicity Stallions, 2005 models. We are primarily going to be servicing large property mowing and will most likely be investing in a 36" WB in the near future. So any input on likes and dislikes for WB brands is welcomed.
  2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 52" bunton and very happy with it. i would get a 36" bunton or exmark.
  3. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I have a deere 36" now, belt drive. Not real fond of the belt drive and hard to adjust deck.

Whatever I picked it would DEFINITELY be hydraulic drive, preferably with a adjustable deck!:)
  4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

SUTECH STEALH. You can buy 12 of these for the cost of one REAL WB. Love em.
  5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I will be getting an exmark in the near future. I have tried out many and like exmark the best. If I could afford it I would get a hydro. Also take a look at a quick 36. If I needed a 36 that is what I would buy.
  6. Harvest

Harvest LawnSite Member

for a belt drive dont get anything except toro t-bar everything else slips bad when its wet or even damp ive got an encore exmark and gravely all belt exmark does have a pretty good deck toros deck is week on the walk behinds plus the t-bar seems easier on your hands not so much squeezing
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You must be able to get them REAL cheap then.....I have seen them averaging around $1300. Let me know where and how much you can get them for. It would be a perfect addition if the price was a little less.
  8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

nice profile grits............. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :la:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ugh:
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Glad you like it:drinkup:
  10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a John Deere GS 30 36" belt drive I'll sell ya, Has very little use. I bought it for fenced yards and as a back up mower, I've never needed it on a job. It sits in my garage taking up space and I have decided I don't need equipment that just sits around. PM Me if you are interested. this thing is hardly used and has bagger, mulch kit and 4 sets of blades.