1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

taking the plunge...figuratively

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Apr 15, 2009.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I have decided since I am working at a tree company which has 8 out of 10 either certified arborists or certified tree workers or both, I am testing for my certified arborist. I feel that since I am mounting fixtures in trees it makes sense. I am also getting climbing gear and continue on to certified tree worker as well as arial rescue certification. I need to be safe and improve this part of my skill set so I am still around to install more lights. :)

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Very cool Tommy! I have always admired how arborists and tree climbers can climb trees with such apparent ease and total safety. It amazes me. I have tried to use both a static and dynamic rig for treemounted downlighting... but the set up time and then getting the darned line over the branch always makes me crazy. It is an art!

(then I always wonder, if you used rigging to climb for the installation, how the heck are you going to go back at night and aim? No way you can re-rig the tree after dark.)

Enjoy!

3. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

You leave as many ropes as possible $$$ to limit night time rigging. With all that work you have been talking about, you should have that spider lift already ordered?

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL that is funny... so you would have 20 - 100+ rigs that you leave behind for night time aiming?

They stopped importing the LEO12G spiderlift around the middle of 2008. The 15G is just too heavy, tall and expensive ($75K++) for my needs. I went to order one last fall and found this out. I dont really want to import one from germany, so I am back to the tried and true.