Taking to the Cleaners??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJOHN22042, Sep 28, 2002.

1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Bought some new Scag OEM High Lift Blades for 48" Scag. The guy told me $74.00 for three Blades I almost hit the floor.
    What is everyone paying for these Blades should I take them back?:blob2:

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

My Walker GHS 48" blades are $20.00 each if I buy them by the box of 6 sets. My Hustler 60" blades are $17.00 each.

Gene

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

jjohn if u post pictures id sure love to see a hi lift thst was worth 25 a piece..
    i know there on the mower now ,so never mind . but this is just a high lift right.
    just curious to know if theres a blade out there i havnt seen . although mine sometimes have to much lift as it is.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The fact that they are Scag OEMs is why they are so expensive...I have the same problem when I have to purchase Toro OEM parts...they're sky high:mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah the Walker blades are sky high, but I found that the edge stays sharp twice as long during the day, and because of less sharpening the blade actually will last longer too. The aftermarket blades I had sucked.

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Those Scag blades are marbain. I do pay a little more for them but not that much more! I Pay about $11 per blade, $14 for the mulcher/gators.

8. three oem scag blades for a 52 inch mower are 60.99 tax and all at my local dealer.

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

My Exmark dealer quoted me $14.01 each for gator mulchers for my 36 Metro - they are a lot cheaper on landscapersupply.com-I could be wrong but I think they are about $11 each. I think i seen somewhere where they were 7.49 each, but I couldn't get a description (maybe it was j-thomas.com).