1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Taking up room w/old attachments?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by sheshovel, Feb 20, 2006.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Hey if I have a bunch of old attachments I am storing..should I remove them?I am concerned with taking up too much space or bandwith or whatever you call it.If I do this will it mess up the Search feature so is someone goes to do a search on a subject and I have removed the attachment I have posted on that subject..will it look bad for the site?>
  2. ArkansasLawns

ArkansasLawns LawnSite Member

Get rid of them. It won't hurt the site at all. If they are yours then you won't be able to pull them off your computer. If they came from the site then you could search them again if you need them for any reason. Trying to make room on the computer you might want to clear all your temp files off your computer also. On the explore Icon right click. select properties. delete files and delete cookies. Delete all offline files. Might as well clear your history too.
  3. sheshovel

No I am talking about on here..not on my computer
  4. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

We have plenty of disk space on the server, so I would recommend that you leave your old attachments on the site. :)
  5. sheshovel

OK will do thankyou
  6. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

Sheshovel, I would keep them on here like the Admin Tech plsoucy said. I deleted my attachments once and when i went back to some of my old threads with pics/attachments. They were gone.:hammerhead: I guess I should have asked like you instead of jumping the gun and start deleting stuff. :)
  7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, I did the same thing. Then the thread didn't make any sence anymore.
  8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Or sense...

Or cents...

Or scents...

J/K Rob... Thought I was back in the jokes forum. :laugh:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

and here i thought she had some old tractor parts for sale:confused:
  10. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

The one time I didn't use spell check. :hammerhead: