Taking visa & master card

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lka123, Aug 24, 2009.

1. lka123

lka123 LawnSite Member
    from ar.

I have 300 plus customer and thinking about starting to take credit cards. Just would like to think want you guys think????

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Just stated using it this year. Going ok I guess...but I hate it when people use it! :cry:

The main reason I added it was to contact late payers and offer it as a way to pay.

Are your customers asking for you to take it? Just curious to why you want to add it.

3. lka123

lka123 LawnSite Member
    from ar.

Same for me, away to help with collection. Also If I get the Card info at time of sale I will never need to weight to get paid. When I treat a lawn and get back to the office ether saem day or next day run the card and get paid!!! I don't mind the fee for each transaction its the start up fee and so on. I will go with the system that I can do the transaction over the internet.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

PM me if you need any info...I have found a pretty good one to work with. It is done over the phone and it only costs $10/month and I think it is something like .50 per transations plus 2.6% of the sale.

Not great but very competitive to most.

RC

5. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

I would write nasty messages in their lawn with round up.:cool2:

6. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I have been tempted so many times!!!!!!

7. lka123

lka123 LawnSite Member
    from ar.

through the internet 250.00 up front, 17.50 a month plus 2.42% and .30c per transaction. Sound like yours might be a good deal also don't know want pm is butt If figure it out, so you can give me your info about credit cards

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

PM is a private message. Look in the top right hand corner and you will see where I sent you a message. If you have trouble let us know and someone on here can help ya.

9. PestPro

PestPro LawnSite Member

I think within a few years if not months, if you dont take credit cards and have a site where the customer can pay bills off your web site. You will lose business.

I use First Data. through Costco, and I pay 7.00 a month.1.89% plus .25, I take Master card, Visa, and Discover.:hammerhead:

10. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Round up ballons lobbed from a moving truck with an open bucket of bent grass seed on the tailgate.