Takkie is the new black?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Mr. Rain

Mr. Rain LawnSite Member

I was way off...I always thought it was ICH-EE-POO-SEE..:)

2. Boss Exc.

Boss Exc. LawnSite Member

Now that's funny!:laugh:

3. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

Hahaha, Nah, that's what Ron has....that's why he's trying to get rid of it.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Hey what can I sya? It's an itch only a Takeuchi can scratch.

5. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Hell, I used to pronounce it TEKOOCHI (seriously)

6. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

Before I considered the Cat and when I was looking at trading in my Case 450ct last year, I called the sales rep that sold me the 450ct and the 420 before that and he wanted to sell me a new Taki instead of a new Case. I had never heard of them until that time.

I thought it was strange to be pushing something other than Case from a Case dealer, but he seemed sold on them.

7. bobcat_ron

Cat Rentals even had all Takeuchi loaders on their fleet in Alberta, they dumped them with the "9" series CTL's came out.

8. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

It's too bad that Cat has delayed the production of the smaller CTL's. I hate seeing our leader switching brands but it's not like you have much of a choice. It does seem that a Taki is the next best thing to a Cat for your needs.

9. bobcat_ron

Price difference between 279C and Takeuchi LT240 - $15,000, and the Takeuchi will out work the Cat.

10. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Your like the fifth person i have talked to that said that about case selling other machines before there own. Whats there problem they have absolutely no confidence in there machines