Takkie is the new black?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Our case dealer used to sell the Daewoo excavators a few years back. They stopped carrying them as they were selling more daewoo's than case excavators.

2. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder what the connection between Case and Takeuchi is. Does anyone know why Case would sell taks at their dealerships? I have always wondered, just figured the Taks were traded in or something.

3. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Most likely the Case dealer was a Takeuchi dealer before Case came out with their own CTLs.

4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Kind of a shame since Kobelco makes Case's mini's and Sumitomo makes Case's large excavators (LinkBelt's too); both are just as capable as any Daewoo. Pricing may have been an issue too. Korean product tends to be very tough to compete with based on price.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

You cant even read, how can you use that theory? :confused:
    :laugh:

if you were a case salesman, would you have confidence in a case machine?! ;) :laugh:

6. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

At least my girlfriend wasn't born a man Junior.

7. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

That's true junior :laugh:

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

EX-girlfriend..

9. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I am curious (read: worried) about what will happen when the Chinese manufacturers finally get online and produce a competent product. Maybe it'll be tough -- there are no Chinese TV manufacturers, for instance -- but if they somehow penetrate, Cat and Deere and all the other folks charging a premium are going to have a tough time justifying it.

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Obviously I am a big fan of Case but the salesman wanted to sell a Tak, could it be he made more money selling a Tak? There are other dealers that sell competing brands out there. In my case I ended up with the Mustang version of a Tak because the price. If everything would have been equal I may have a Case CT instead.

One thought about the track loaders and I have no idea on the excavator, the used value is non existent. Maybe that means Tak isn't quite there yet?