Takkie is the new black?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Nov 26, 2009.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I think a lot of people have that concern.
  2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes price played a major roll.
  3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

There are plenty of Chinese manufacturers who make TV's.
    China is following a path that Japan took after WWII.
    There are many reasons why China can manufacturer so cheap.
    They are goverment owned, there products require no R&D since they are mostly copy cats, there is basically no warranty with what they sale, and they do no distrubution and marketing.

It is Ludicrous to think China will ever beable to just manufacturer a product and it displace Cat or Deere. Look at the market share the China Tractors have taken?
  4. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the price difference between Korean, American, and European equipment? Can you put out some dollar figures as a comparison?
  5. Sam_French

Sam_French LawnSite Member

I have a few questions if I may.

Takeuchi's undercarriage how is it different than other brands? I think somebody said it is mounted directly to the chassis. I am guessing the spindles for the rollers are in the chassis?

China DOSE have a CTL called a SM-80. I wouldn't mind seeing one in person. Heck I a might even sit in it. Then its back to my 743B. I have a pic of one but for some reason
    the forum won't let me upload it.

BCRon I still think your 247B is a good setup. I kinda miss it to be honest.

To be honest I am scared of CTL's

Thank You

6. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't speak for the competent part, but here are a few Chinese OEMs That export out of China:

Shantui is heavily associated Komatsu. I feel that they don't compete well in the US because much of their product infringes on US patents and trademarks and they don't support their product very well. The cost of product support will drive their prices up.
  7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Takeuchi uses tracks that have raised up steel imbeds so the rollers and rear double flanged idler ride on the steel, rather than on the rubber, less power and better life if everything rides on steel, and it's better in rocks.

I do love my Cat's undercarriage, but when push comes to shove (literally) the ASV undercarriage can only take so much power and weight, and then it wears faster, and I have been doing lots of heavy pushing to get work done, and I do miss the added reach and dump height.

But dayum, them cabs are HUUUUUGE!!!
  8. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

How about $30- 35,000+ between a Daewoo 220 and a Cat 320.

I can put my hands of a Brand new Volvo EC210CL with 5 hrs on it for $130,000. Someone find out how much a New Cat 320DL is?
  9. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

So Ron are you planning on selling your cat for a Tak? Looks like you are taking quite a strong liking to Taks now.
  10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Trading in for a Takeuchi, unless some one comes along in the next few days and they will give me an offer.