Takkie is the new black?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Nov 26, 2009.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I saw that too, but any professional operator knows better, keep your haul path smooth and you are more comfortable.

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Replied in a PM to prevent taking this thread off topic. Bolded part was my mistyping what I meant to say; my bad on that.

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I will guess about 15% of my hours came will spreading rock.
    Of course my machine sits alot now that I got the excavator so I still have not wore out my first set of tracks. I am close to 700 hours and the are half worn and the rollers and sprockets have no visible wear or fracturing in the pads. I cannot imagine any sane person being any rougher on there machine than I have. the rocks just chrush into dust and the machine keeps going.
    I have experienced none of the horror stories that I see posted about Tak machines. Chris is the only person I know who does not get 1000 hours out of his tracks.

Side sloping is a big no no in the ASV manual is it not?

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

5. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Just commenting on what the Takeuchi salesman relayed to me. I do like the way their machines are built although I have my personal preferences for what I do.

My manual actually rates my 60" machine for a 15 degree side slope and the cab has a standard slope indicator that tells me the slope angle.

6. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

Would this be why we have warnings on coffee cups to warn that the coffee is hot? Or how a certain chain saw manufacturer has a warning in their manual not to attempt to stop the chain with hands or genitals? Or even why there is a warning in a vehicles owners manual about not leaving the seat with the cruise control engaged?

Just askin..........

7. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

And why there is a warning tag on the iron power cord telling you not to iron your shirt while you're wearing it:laugh::laugh:

8. stuvecorp

Well lets continue the Takkie love fest today. Took a road trip with my friendly Takkie salesman to check out an 08 153FR, can't do much digging but did play in their shop and that swing boom is so cool. Machine had 286 hours on it. We stopped to pick up a snow pusher and got a picture of this Mack.

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Looks very clean. Mine doesn't have the holes in the back deck, it could use them though.

10. stuvecorp

I though the bucket/coupler was a little bit sloppy, like it could use a shim or something? Walking up to it I was really surprised how big it seemed compared to the Kobelco/Case/NH 50 size.