Tales of the Test. IL version.

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Organic a go go, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Organic a go go

Organic a go go LawnSite Member

Bidness forced me to delay the test till the last couple of days but I am now magically "legit". 95 on General Standards and 90 on turf. My impressions are these........

The presenters for the training portion generally did a good job and were real pros. As one would expect they were for the most part deeply ingrained in the chem culture and have spent long careers thinking of turf issues on a "one for one" basis. They did sort of gloss over a very few organic points and on those particular points they were either ill informed or out right disdainful. But on the whole they did a good job and one shouldn't pull up to McDonalds expecting good Chinese. So it goes.

The test itself was completely worthless as a practical matter for me and I don't think it really serves the chem guys very well either. I can easily imagine an operator or applicator with a good deal of practical experience not testing too well and conversely someone with good test taking skills could excel despite their level of experience. In other words a typical government operation.

But all that aside Im now dancing on the lighter side of any gray area in the law. Riches and fame ensue......

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Alright Go Go, well done and good for you

Were you sweating it? It really is a test about laws and trying to give a bit of knowledge to the tester. Its just like the contractors test, it barely has a question about how to build something and focuses mostly on the law of the land

Riches to definately ensue

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

great job and good luck,Illegitimi non carborundum !!!