Talk about a bad day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Today while mowing two half acres side by side I hear a clicking noise coming from one of the Hydros on my Super Z. I load the trailer and head to my local dealer to drop it off to be fixed and then go home to pick up my backup mower. I get back to the next job, mow it with the backup mower and then fire up the Kawi trimmer only to have it blow the gear head half way through the job. Just one of those days I guess.

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about your day man but your website is fantastic and using paypal as a payment tool is a fantastic idea!

Really great stuff there!!

3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

In this business you need three of each, I learned the hard way. You can never have to much equipment. Just dont have a week like that.

4. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

The Cutting Edge Lawn Car LawnSite Member

Hey man I had one of those days today too. My Stihl fs 100 blew, leaving half a yard untrimmed, it loooked horrible...Of course I didnt bring my other trimmer, therefore i called it a day.. I guess I just learned my mistake and wont do the same next time, thats all u can do

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Ed -- Sorry about your day ... by the way, aren't you the one that wrote the field test report for Turf magazine for the Great Dane Surfer and Super Surfer ?? If so, man that really was just some bad timing with ACI closing down the plant just last week!!

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We all have those days every once in awhile. I guess it was your turn. All you can do is keep plugging away and remind yourself that it will get better. Me personally, I've had one of those days for a week now. In retrospect, I had it coming. But there's light at the end of tunnel and I don't believe it's a train.

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Let us know if it was a pump or wheel motor and what the problem was.

8. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

i've had worse

9. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel your pain, I have had some terrible luck this year as well ,one of my ztr's blew a motor early spring!, truck burned up last month , have 2 court cases pending over work, an had some good news today I was awarded two judgements on some prior court issues. Hang in there times like these build character buddy!!See ya George

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Ed, I hope tomorrow is a better day for ya, brother.