Talk about a bad week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scenic Lawnscape, May 15, 2004.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

First I lost 2 customers to the famous I am going to do it my self, then I picked up a huge commercial account (well in my eyes huge) Good thing, then dixie chopper stalls bad thing, then starter goes Bad thing Starter rebuilt for free good thing, then i hear a knock in engine bad thing, tear apart engine need a head piston, valves and all new gaskets Very bad thing, most parts on back order Very bad thing, then driving down the street truck dies bad thing, get started battery died (long story) Bad thing, stop at 7-11 to get smokes and a pop only have $5.00 on me forgot wallet Bad thing, Pull out truck dies again, bad thing, call sister she is at the dance studio My fiance owns, its right down the street good thing, try jumping truck no luck bad thing, she ask me if its the starter, so i jump the starter relay, truck starts pops into gear and starts to go out into the road and traffic is coming Very bad thing, my sister is trying to grab the truck Bad thing, i litterly throw her on the ground to get her out of the way not so nice thing, i jump in the truck from the passenger side to hit the brakes and i hit the gas Very bad thing, then i hit the gas and brake,bad thing, then i get the brake good thing, great thing is i didnt hit anything or anyone but i did mess up my ankle jumping in the truck , but to top of the week I found out i am going to be a father Awesome thing

2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

No matter what, I don't think anything could have made that week bad considering you found out you are going to be a father... Unless of course it isn't your wife who is pregnant!!! lol just joking

3. Scenic Lawnscape

i should have ended it by using the famous line Priceless Stole that one from american express:p

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Congrats on your child coming soon!

5. ahfd311

ahfd311 LawnSite Member

wow man. That sucks. Oh well. Congrats on the kid. Just remember, that will keep you up all night, bad thing. Then he gets old enough to run your business for you while you play golf all day, very good thing.

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

right now I would give everything I own to turn back the clock 72 hours. I could care less about my house ,business or any other thing. Nothing could replace what My wife and I lost this week.
    I just pray that no one has to go thru what we are experiencing right now. grass always grows , there will always be another customer, money is only green paper , and Monday i have to bury our 1 day old daughter . Smell the roses , life is too short .
    I wish I could change the past , but I sure can change the future.
    I didnt realize how important some things are .

7. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Mdirigation

So sorry about your loss. My prayers will go out for you and your wife.

8. Scenic Lawnscape

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, i will keep you and your family in my prayers. I cant say anything else, i dont know what to say

Im sorry

9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Oh man. Md, did you just bring me back to reality! I just got thru punishing my twins for being AWFUL today and now I realize how nothig else really matters. These bills I cant pay, rising expenses and lost customers suddenly seem so unimportant. You have my deepest sympathy and prayers, Sure wish there was something I could do or say to make it better...

Danny

10. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh man I'm so sorry, I remember when my parents lost a child, It was horrible. I will defiantly be praying for you. Keep up the fight.

Look at my signature line, it may make you laugh, cause its so true.