talk about bad odds....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jan 25, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have 4 clients, all in a row. the take for this stop is over $8,000 a season. one of them, decided he wouldn't pay his last payment. it's about $200. it is 2 months late, and i'm about to start legal proceedings. i've already contacted the police department there, and they agreed to handle it as a criminal theft. i plan to follow thru with this, as i always win. i may end up losing the other 3 over it, they are a very friendly bunch of neighbors. i actually like this guy, but, he is trying to scam me, saying he was unhappy with the service. i provide the same exact service to all his neighbors. i've been servicing all 4 of them, for 3 years. i've never had a complaint in 3 years. i serviced his property roughly 32 times in 2005. now, all of a sudden, he is "unhappy" with the service? gee wiz mr. jones, if u needed to borrow $200, all you had to do is ask. he shouldn't have tried to steal it from me. good move? bad move? should i just let it slide, and send a fruit basket?

2. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

howdy bobby.

3. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I see you like to trip over dollars to pick up pennies.
    Work it out with the guy. Make it up this year on a job(you know what i mean)

kc

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

bobby your little green light is burnt out!
    maby jodi can get u a new 1?
    we all like to know when the man is in the house.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

i see your point, but i also know what the word "precident" means. if i let him slide, i'll have to let his neighbor on the right slide, then the one on the left.....and this is the reason the public tries to pull this crap, cus they think they can. if i let him win, then he'll know he can, and bad news spreads

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Bobby,
    Did the customer tell you why he was dissatisfied?
    steve

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

yes he did. actually, he was hiding under the couch, while his wife told me

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's too d@mn funny! :laugh: :laugh:

9. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I though you were gone due to you moved to a better neighborhood and got better customers. Looks like you didn't move. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

If I say "let the guy slide" your going to say thats BS because we're giving into the customer. And we don't want to be like the lawnboys before us that ruined the industry. If i say "take the mfer to court and smack him with a shovel" you'll say but then I risk loosing 8K a year....

smack him around, tell him if he tells his neighbors your gunna "get rid of him"....just dew it.